Have you ever wondered what you can do to improve your toothbrush care? As a skill that is required twice daily, it is important that you are brushing properly, and with the correct tools. For starters, the tooth brushing basics for beginners include the following:
– Typical toothbrushes may not always suit your oral health care needs. For a traditional brush substitute, try using an electric toothbrush.
– Generally, never share your brush with others and always keep it in a safe space.
– Make an effort to store your toothbrush in a safe location that is free from other toothbrushes, as this can prevent contamination from occurring.
– Brushes with soft bristles are safer for your dental profile, as enamel abrasion is less likely to occur. In addition, always use a brush that can be easily placed into your mouth and reach all areas within.
– To ensure your brush will continue to work effectively, try replacing your toothbrush every 3-4 months, or earlier if necessary.
– When choosing the right toothpaste and toothbrush for your specific needs, always look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance to ensure the products have been proven safe and effective.
– Try to speak with your dentist about product approvals or recommendations.
– When not in use, store your toothbrush upright in a well-ventilated area. If your toothbrush must be taken on a trip and placed in a sealed container, do so only for limited amounts of time, as bacteria can grow in damp areas.
You may be at an increased risk for poor oral hygiene, Simpson Dental Associates is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Mark Simpson and our team at our dentist office in Charleston, West Virginia, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 304-342-6162. We will get you back to smiling once more!